what is a cleanse?
All the Naked Pressed Juice Co's cleanses have been prepared by Nutritionists to contain a comprehensive mixture of garden-fresh produce, concentrating precisely on those plants customarily commended for their ‘cleansing’ assets. Plentiful in essential phytonutrients, each juice has been specially made to hold a unique nutrient profile that aids detoxification, rebuilding and nurtures your body. The juices are a meal replacement across each day, therefore providing your digestive system a rest while saturating your body with bio nutrients. Please refer to ‘Preparation' on what to avoid during your cleanse.
We know how hard it can be to get your daily dose of veggies. We understand that the vision of cleansing can be a little chilling as there are many cravings that cross your path every day.
The cleanse will gradually free your body of pollution's, empower you to redeem balance and control digestion and metabolism. This program activates cleansing through your vital organs, the liver, kidneys and skin.
When you finish the cleanse, you will feel more energetic, sleep easier and will look and feel confident. Our nutrient dense juices detox your whole body flushing all the toxins from your body.
Cleansing helps your body and mind no matter what people say.
- It will affect your mood by increased energy levels, being calm and reduce stress.
- Be ridding of addictions and bad habits.
- Boost self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Liver - Providing the liver with phytonutrients removing toxins from the body flushing your liver with over 1 kg of fruit and vegetables.
- Small intestines- healing the small intestines from no solids passing through it.
- The nervous system is at ease from all the vitamins and minerals passing through your body causing you to sleep better and feel more active.
- Colon – Cleanses the colon and stop blockages and bloating.
- The lymphatic system- Helps improve lymphatic flow and supports your immune system.
- Strong cravings – this can be caused by the avoidance of all your normal foods, body wanting to reinstate lost calories, dehydration, electrolyte imbalances.
- Headaches – this can be caused from lack of water and/or calories, caffeine withdrawal, sugar withdrawal or blood sugar irregularities. Hydrate with more water, juice, teas.
- Constipation – once we have made drastic fiber and dietary changes our digestion may suffer and slow down due to the increase in fiber (during eating) combined with lack of water or due to a reduction in the fiber consumed during the juice only phase.
- Skin breakouts and reactions – since the skin is the largest eliminative organ as we make big changes to our diet our skin may initially suffer. It is important to sweat it out and drink more water.
- Fatigue – this can be due to a reduction in calories, lack of hydration as you may not feel like drinking more water when you’ve already drank juice, withdrawal from certain substances such as caffeine, sugar etc. as the body is readjusting to these big dietary changes your energy will soon soar.
- Aches and Pains – this is common! There are many theories as to why this happens but we know for sure calorie restriction, electrolyte changes, dehydration and blood sugar changes can cause this. Drink extra coconut water and other electrolyte & magnesium rich juices.
- Brain fatigue or brain fog – this is commonly caused from a reduction in calories, sugar and/or caffeine. It is important to re-hydrate and consume more juice or tea.
For best results, 1-2 weeks or a minimum of 2-4 days before beginning the cleanse, reduce or completely eliminate the following: (Avoiding these things before you begin your cleanse prepares your body for detoxification and maximises the benefits.)
- White Foods (sugar, dairy, white flour, processed/ packaged food)
- Over-the-counter medication (unless prescribed by your GP)
In this time of eliminating the above list, here are additional tips:
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables every day leading up to cleanse
- Buffering your cleanse with liquid diet options like soup also helps you ease into it.
- Setting an intention for your cleanse will help you stay strong mentally if you encounter weak moments.
DURING YOUR CLEANSE:
- Upon waking, squeeze ½ lemon in 300-350ml of warm water. This will help to alkalise your body and kick-start detoxification.
- Before drinking your first juice, drink at least 750-800ml of water.
- Drink your 8 juices throughout the day at your convenience, (usually around every 2 hours) making sure to drink plenty of water between each juice.
- If your body is absolutely not happy and MUST have food, we recommend something liquid-based like vegetable soup broth or a smoothie.
AFTER YOUR CLEANSE
If you cleansed for 6+ days, we recommend taking a 3-day buffer period before introducing solid, full meals (or any overindulgence's, ESPECIALLY from the list below). If you cleansed for 3-5 days, take at least 1 ½ days before eating solid foods. Use this period to ease yourself back to solids by consuming smoothies, soups and more cold-pressed juice! Once you are ready, easing into solid foods with lots of vegetables, fruits, and salads is ideal. Continue drinking plenty of water daily.
Avoid these items for up to 2 weeks after your cleanse to maintain good energy and lightness:
- White Foods (sugar, dairy, white flour, processed/packaged food)
- Over-the-counter medication (unless prescribed by your GP)
Naked Pressed Juice Co and its team are not medical doctors. Naked Pressed Juice Co and its team do not practice medicine. While we provide information, we do not give medical advice and any concerns you might have should be directed to your health care practitioner. Naked Pressed Juice Co is not licensed to practice medicine. Nothing on this website should be construed as medical advice.
Cleanses are not intended for use by minors, pregnant or nursing women, individuals with any type of health condition or users of prescription drugs. You should consult with your medical provider prior to initiating any form of cleanse or detox regimen. It is advisable to seek professional medical advice prior to initiating any new regimen. Any/All information garnered from Naked Pressed Juice Co shall not be interpreted as a substitute for a medical advice or a doctor’s consultation, evaluation, or treatment.